One Person Killed Waiting by Vehicle
by lauraramos | November 18th, 2021 | Accidents
On November 14, 2021 at 4:06 a.m.,a stranded driver was killed on State Highway 195 in Killeen, TX.
More About the Killeen Car Accident
Authorities believe the driver of an indisposed vehicle stepped out of the car and onto the roadway. Another car going northbound struck the stranded driver, causing him fatal injury immediately. The car proceeded to cross over the medium into the southbound lanes.
Police found the gentleman’s body in the center median area.
The driver of the car which collided with the deceased is being treated with non-life threatening injuries at Baylor Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas.
What to Do If Your Vehicle Breaks Down on the Highway
Cars breaking down on a highway can be both frustrating and frightening. During the day, the highways are busy with fast moving vehicles who are not at the mercy to stop at their will. At night, there can still be a lot of traffic, on top of it being dark and harder to see.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) offers these tips on what to do if your car shuts down on the highway:
- Don’t panic. Although it is scary, remaining calm helps make better decisions.
- Call for assistance from authorities to help get you and your car out of danger.
- Park your car as far from traffic as possible, and only if you can do so safely.
- If you need to exit the vehicle, exit from the passenger side.
- Make the vehicle visible, especially at night, by leaving lights on and turning on flashers or emergency lights.
Austin Car Attorneys Are here for Your Safety
With years of experience in representing auto accident victims, our Austin Car Attorneys at Ramos James Law, PLLC have what it takes to help them get the compensation they need. We know that the aftermath of an accident is difficult to process, but know that you aren’t alone.
If you have suffered injuries because of a car accident, contact Ramos James Law, PLLC today.