Hard-Working Personal Injury Lawyer Serving McAllen and Its Surrounding Communities
Being in an accident or sustaining a personal injury can be confusing, stressful, and overwhelming. It’s not always clear what you should do or how you can get help.
Simply recovering can be hard enough, and getting the legal settlement you deserve can seem like an uphill battle. Luckily, a compassionate and driven personal injury lawyer like Laura Ramos James of the Ramos James Law, PLLC can help you through the process.
Contact Ramos James Law, PLLC at (956) 313-7771 to speak with our attentive and experienced personal injury attorneys and start your path to recovery today.
What to Do If You’re Involved in a Personal Injury Accident
If you are involved in a personal injury accident, there are a few very important steps you will need to take in order to file a claim for damages. Following these steps can help you know what to do even when you may be feeling emotionally, mentally, or physically overwhelmed, and remember, if you can’t do any of these steps because of your injury, please ask for help:
- Seek prompt medical attention – After your accident, your first concern should be your health, of course, but doing this is important for a legal reason as well as a medical one. Medical documentation linking your injury to the accident can make or break personal injury claims.
- Gather critical evidence – While part of the evidence of your injury will be the medical documentation just mentioned, there are other sources you will need to acquire. You should take notes on your own experience from the moment of the accident throughout your recovery.Your personal injury lawyer at Ramos James Law, PLLC can also help you gather other evidence if necessary, including testimonies from professionals in the medical, engineering, and accident recreation fields in Austin. This kind of testimony can strengthen your case, increasing your chances at earning maximum monetary compensation.
- Retrieve proper documentation – When filing a personal injury claim, it’s important that you gather proper documentation. Important paperwork to keep organized could include any of the following:
- Copies of medical records
- Medical bills
- Verification of lost wages
- Any communication with your insurance
If you have problems accessing any of these documents, your McAllen personal injury attorney can help you figure out your next step.
Your trusted McAllen personal injury attorney, Laura Ramos James, has the legal experience you will need in order to secure your claim. Contact Ramos James Law, PLLC, now at (956) 313-7771.
Shocking Statistics Regarding the Typical Causes of Personal Injury Accidents
Everyday errands, family trips, or even a day at work can unknowingly bring about circumstances that can put you at risk of injury or even death. The statistics below illustrate the frequency of these types of accidents and the need for personal injury representation should you be injured an in need of compensation:
- In 2017, 1 in 5 car crashes in Texas were caused by distracted drivers.
- Between 2014 and 2016, nearly 5,000 lives were lost in truck accidents.
- More than a quarter of all accidents in 2017 were caused by drunk drivers around the nation.
- On average, one pedestrian was killed every 1.5 hours in 2016.
- Between 2012 and 2015, an average of six people per day were bitten by dogs just within Travis County alone. In fact, Texas was one of the leading nations for dog bite injuries in 2014.
- According to the CDC, up to 1.7 million people suffer from a traumatic brain injury every year in America.
- Roughly 21 percent of all workplace accidents happened in construction zones in 2016.
Personal Injury Cases Ramos James Law, PLLC Handles
In the McAllen area, Ramos James Law, PLLC dedicates their time to helping families fight for the compensation they need to properly recover in the following cases:
- Personal Injury – While no one really expects to suffer a personal injury, unfortunately, accidents happen. If you have been involved in a personal injury accident like a dog bite incident or a car accident that causes a traumatic brain injury, the compensation you earn from your claim can cover any expenses caused by your injury. Your personal injury attorney can help you receive compensation to cover your current and future expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Product Liability – We rely on dependable products every day, from auto parts to medications, and any mistakes made during the production process can result in an injury. If a product you use injures you because of a defect, your McAllen area attorney can help you start your recovery process.
- Auto Accidents – Being involved in a car accident is an awful experience. In fact, Texas roadways were given a “C” grade for safety by the National Safety Council. Since the state is also an integral part of trade between nations, massive amounts of 18-wheelers deliver goods throughout the state, posing a real risk of severe truck accidents that can devastate those unfortunate enough to get into an accident with these metal giants. Whether you’ve been a victim of a car, truck, distracted, drunk, or pedestrian accident, Ramos James Law, PLLC can help you deliver justice to the negligent parties that caused your injuries.
- Workplace Injury – When at work, you deserve to be guaranteed a level of safety. Getting hurt at work can be especially stressful considering loved ones could depend on your paycheck. Regardless of if you are in an office accident, a construction accident, or a slip and fall, your employer may be seen as negligent if you are injured. Contact Ramos James Law, PLLC, to begin the healing process today.
- Wrongful Death – Losing a loved one is one of the most painful and emotional experiences we can have. This time can be confusing and stressful with big decisions to make regarding funerary plans and expenses, and settling any medical bills of your deceased loved one can only make the situation more overwhelming. If your family has lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another person, know that Ramos James Law, PLLC, will be there for you to help you through this trying time.
Our Commitment to McAllen and Its Surrounding Areas
Here at Ramos James Law, PLLC, we believe in advocating for those who aren’t adequately being protected by the law. We believe in treating people like people, not numbers, and we will dedicate time and energy to your case individually.
Laura Ramos James is a compassionate and principled attorney committed to serving McAllen and the surrounding communities. She is an invaluable resource for those who have experienced a personal injury, and she will handle each case based on your specific needs.
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury, contact our McAllen personal injury attorney at (956) 313-7771, fill out the contact form below for a free consultation today or visit us at 7001 N. 10th Street, Ste G2.
Visit our Rio Grande Valley Offices
7001 N. 10th Street, Ste. G2
McAllen, Texas 78504
506 West University Dr.
Edinburg, Texas 78539