A Compassionate Personal Injury Attorney Representing Edinburg and Its Surrounding Cities
No one can anticipate being involved in a personal injury accident, or worse, being injured as a result of another person’s negligence. If you find yourself in this kind of situation, it can be challenging to navigate alone. You may be confused about what to do or feel overwhelmed by the questions, paperwork, and police reports, but rest assured, there is help.
At Ramos James Law, PLLC, your caring Edinburg personal injury lawyer, Laura Ramos James, can help you understand your rights to compensation through the civil court.
Contact us Ramos James Law, PLLC at (956) 313-7771 to guide you through the legal process and to help you begin to heal.
First Steps to Take After Being Involved in an Auto Accident
A big part of personal injury occurs because negligent driving. When an auto accident happens, it may be easy to become overwhelmed by your circumstances, but the following tips can help you get all of the information you need to file a thorough personal injury claim.
- Document What Happened – Make a voice or video recording on your phone after the accident explaining the events that took place from your perspective. Tell the story of what you were doing a few minutes before the accident and how it resulted. Present this video to your Edinburg personal injury lawyer at your FREE legal consultation and no one else, as this could be used against you by the opposite party.
- Preserve Evidence – Take photos of damages to your vehicle or injuries as soon as possible, if you can. Photographic evidence and other kinds of evidence to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions can be reviewed with your personal injury lawyer.
- Retrieve Medical Records – If you seek medical attention after being involved in an accident, keep any forms given to you at facilities, receipts, medication information, exams, etc. as evidence of your injuries. Speak with your attorney for more information on how to collect information to help strengthen your case.
Laura Ramos James has a proven track record of helping those affected by injuries due to the negligence of others. To review your case, Contact Ramos James Law, PLLC now at (956) 313-7771.
Chilling Statistics You Should Know About Personal Injury Accidents
Over the last few years, telling statistics have revealed that:
- In 2017, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported 2,412 car accidents in the City of Edinburg, 1,021 of which resulted in possible injuries ranging from mild to life-threatening.
- Over 4,000,000 people in the U.S., according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are affected by dog bites every year.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) also reports that nearly 76,000 pedestrians suffer from accidents caused by motorists each year.
- According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), a person dies every 48 minutes in the U.S, due to a drunk driver, claiming over 10,000 deaths each year.
- In the U.S., a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2.87 million Americans visit the emergency room each year due to a traumatic brain injury, with 188 dying every day.
If anything can be determined by the aforementioned statistics, it is that negligent accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Because of this, it is crucial that you hire a personal injury attorney that has the experience to not only handle the area of practice your personal injury falls under, but who also understands how your personal injury affects you in your everyday living circumstances.
Our Areas of Practice
Ramos James Law, PLLC, works diligently to assist families of the Edinburg area in the following practice areas:
Personal Injury – A personal injury is defined as an injury acquired physically, mentally, or emotionally. These kinds of claims are filed against those who caused damages due to negligence or misconduct. Whatever caused your injury, even if it was a dog bite incident or a negligent accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, you deserve to be compensated.
Product Liability – These cases are filed against the manufacturer(s), the seller(s), or designer(s) of a product, when a product malfunctions, is unsafe, or causes harm to an individual. If a product has harmed you due to a malfunction, keep the product and present it to your Edinburg personal injury lawyer as further evidence in your case.
Auto Accident – Auto accidents are defined as a standard passenger vehicle or a large truck like an 18-wheeler colliding with another vehicle, pedestrian, a stationary object, or pet. These accidents can happen for a bevy of reasons–like distracted driving or drunk driving–and can cause several injuries to the mind and body and should not be taken lightly. Report your auto accident injuries to your Edinburg personal injury lawyer at Ramos James Law, PLLC.
Workplace Injury – In the U.S., a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). Injuries can happen at any workplace, whether you strain a muscle when lifting heavy objects, injure yourself in a slip and fall accident, or are hurt in a construction accident. Whether your injury is mild or severe, reporting an injury to your Edinburg personal injury lawyer at Ramos James Law, PLLC, is the best first step to take.
Wrongful Death – A wrongful death case involves the death of a loved one due to the negligence of one or more people, whether it was intentional or unintentional. Therefore, it is the right of the surviving family members to file for damages against the responsible party in order to cover funeral expenses, medical bills for the victim before passing away, and other related expenses. Ramos James Law, PLLC will fight for your family member that passed away in order to make right this most grievous wrong.
Our Commitment to Edinburg and Its Surrounding Areas
At Ramos James Law, PLLC, our mission is to help you feel cared for while knowing you have someone with extensive legal experience fighting for you. A victim of a serious personal injury herself when she was a child, Laura Ramos James knows how traumatic and overwhelming the entire circumstance can be. But through her experience in both her personal injury and in helping victims file personal injury lawsuits, Laura is the best candidate to recruit in order to win maximum monetary compensation.
You, your family, and the thousands of Edinburg residents affected by these unfortunate circumstances matter to us, and we are committed to serving and fighting for you every day. Your Edinburg personal injury lawyer is ready to help you and bring the expertise and care you need to resolve your personal injury claim.
Contact us Ramos James Law, PLLC at (956) 313-7771 and fill out our form below to get started on your FREE legal consultation today. Visit us at 506 West University Dr.
Visit our Rio Grande Valley Offices
7001 N. 10th Street, Ste. G2
McAllen, Texas 78504
506 West University Dr.
Edinburg, Texas 78539