Slip and Fall Injuries
According to the National Safety Council, the third leading cause of unintentional injury-related deaths is falls. In 2014, nearly 32,000 individuals died from falls at home or work in the United States.
The statistics for slips and falls injuries at work are just as abysmal. In 2013, nationwide, there were over 47,000 workers who sustained an injury after a fall at work and who required days off because of their injury.
Unfortunately, for many working families, time away from work can have a major effect on their finances and quality of life.
At Ramos James Law, PLLC., we take pride in representing mistreated workers who have suffered an injury because of a slip or fall while on the job. If you or a family member have suffered from such an accident because of negligence in your work environment, let our personal injury lawyer provide you the legal guidance you need. If you are in a tight financial situation, find comfort in knowing that we don’t charge unless you win.
About Slip And Fall Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have defined two categories of falls:
- Same-Level Falls – These types of falls occur when someone falls, trips, or slips on a level surface. Same-level falls are the most common type of falls and typically occur when an individual walks on a slippery surface, missteps when traveling up or down the stairs, or trip on an object obstructing their path.
- Elevated Falls – These types of falls occur when someone falls from a higher surface to less elevated area. A smaller percentage of falls are from an elevated surface, however, it is often the cause of more serious injuries.
It’s important for families and employers to recognize that a worker does not have to fall from an elevated level to suffer serious or fatal injuries.
Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident while on the job can be caused by a variety of factors including:
- Weather conditions causing walkways to become slippery.
- Cluttered walkways.
- Unstable walking/working surfaces.
- Unprotected stairs.
- Unsafely positioned ladders.
- Lack of fall protection equipment.
- Holes in the floor or wall.
- Broken equipment (i.e. broken ladder).
- Unsafe work conditions (chemicals or liquids spilled on the floor).
Many of the common causes of a slip and fall at work are a result of employer negligence. If your work environment was unsafe and your injury caused as a result of hazardous working conditions, you need to contact the personal injury lawyer at Ramos James Law, PLLC., to represent you.
Common Types of Injuries Resulting From a Slip or Fall
Slip and fall accidents can lead to truly serious injuries for victims. Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Head trauma
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Long-term medical complications
If you or someone you love has experienced a slip and fall accident at work (or at home), it is important to seek out medical attention immediately.
If you or someone you love have suffered injuries or died because of a slip and fall accident at work, do not hesitate to contact our experienced personal injury lawyer in Austin. We are ready to fight for you
At Ramos James Law, PLLC., we have nearly 10 years of experience fighting for victims of slip and fall accidents. We understand how negligent employers will attempt to avoid blame and utilize their resources to try and scare you. But you don’t have to face them alone. We do everything we can to earn your trust and get you the compensation you need to get your life back in order. The time is now. Contact a slip and fall lawyer you can trust.
Contact the Ramos James Law, PLLC, today at (512) 537-3369 for your free legal consultation.