Trustworthy Mission Personal Injury Attorney
It’s an unexpected car accident that turns a beautiful family outing into a tragedy. It’s a terrible accident at work that leaves you with lifelong pain. It’s the defective medication that caused you to suffer daily.
In the face of pain, suffering, and uncertainty, know that there is a compassionate Mission personal injury attorney ready to deliver the legal care you deserve. Her name is Laura Ramos James.
Attorney Laura Ramos James and her team at Ramos James Law, PLLC, are dedicated to helping you get your life back in order after you have suffered from a catastrophic personal injury. Our team of attorneys and paralegals are knowledgeable, experienced, and truly invested in helping you regain control of your life.
When you are in need of a committed legal team, look no further than Ramos James Law, PLLC. Our firm proudly serves the community of Mission, Texas and its surrounding communities.
Contact Ramos James Law, PLLC, today at (956) 313-7771 or via our website for a FREE CASE REVIEW.
The Proper Steps to Take After a Personal Injury
Whether you have been involved in a car accident, suffered an injury at work, or fallen victim to a defective product, there are several steps you need to take to best protect yourself and begin the process of developing a strong claim.
1. Seek Medical Care Immediately
Your health and well-being should be your number one priority above all else. If you have suffered a personal injury, it is absolutely necessary you obtain the medical treatment you need to minimize further injury. If you have been injured in a car accident or while working, do not hesitate to seek out medical assistance.
Seeking medical care immediately helps to (1) prevent further injury, (2) allows you to better understand your condition, and (3) helps to create a paper trail showing that you did receive medical attention. Failing to visit a doctor soon after your accident can make it much more difficult to prove that the injuries you suffered were a direct link to the incident and were serious enough to warrant compensation.
In addition, ensure that you follow all of your doctor’s orders as it is pivotal to proving your claim. You will want to take all medications as prescribed and attend all follow-up appointments. Failure to do so can greatly weaken your claim.
2. Begin Collecting Information/Evidence
Depending on the circumstances of your situation, you will want to begin collecting information yourself or have a trusted family member/friend work on your behalf. In many instances, the party responsible for your injury may attempt to get rid of the evidence, so it is essential that you begin this process as soon as possible.
If you have been involved in a car or truck accident:
- Collect information from the other driver including their name and all of their contact, driver’s license, and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident including the vehicles involved and their license plates.
- Note the road conditions, road signs, any skid marks, and any other forms of evidence that show you were involved in an accident.
- Contact your local police department, and get the contact information of the police officer that responded to the crash and took down the report. You will need to secure this document sooner rather than later.
If you have been involved in a work accident:
- Report the incident as soon as possible to your boss/employer.
- Gather evidence from the scene of the accident such as pictures of the scene (if you are hospitalized ask a trusted coworker to do so for you).
- Note down exactly what took place before and after the accident, as well as any medical information you were provided with.
- Follow the guidelines set forth by your employer to begin the process of securing workers’ compensation if necessary.
- Seek out guidance from a capable attorney if your employer denies responsibility for the accident or if you are having trouble securing workers’ compensation.
If you have suffered an injury as the result of a defective product:
- Seek medical attention.
- Speak with your doctor about symptoms and side effects you suspect may be from a defective medication you are taking.
- Do NOT throw away the product; make sure to keep all documentation and packaging related to the product as well.
3. Seek Out a Qualified Attorney
One of the most important steps you can take following your accident is to seek the guidance and assistance of a qualified Mission personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney can:
- Help you to fully understand your situation and your rights.
- Help you secure evidence and issue a spoliation letter to ensure that opposing parties adequately preserve all relevant evidence.
- Represent you in your dealings with the insurance companies and their adjusters.
- Represent you in civil court.
How Our Mission Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Accidents happen at the most unexpected moments. When you are facing a serious injury, trust in the dependable attorneys of Ramos James Law, PLLC, to deliver the care and legal guidance you deserve. Our team is capable of providing services in the following legal practice areas:
- Personal Injuries – If you have been wrongfully injured as the result of a negligent party’s actions, know that you may be able to recover compensation for the damages you have suffered. Our attorneys will gladly help residents of Mission deal with a variety of personal injury claims including traumatic brain injuries and dog bites.
- Auto Accidents – An auto accident can leave you or a loved one dealing with lifelong injuries. Whether you have suffered as the result of a car accident, 18-wheeler accident, drunk driving accident, distracted driving accident, or auto-pedestrian accident, know that Ramos James Law, PLLC, is ready to fight at your side. Our attorneys will do everything in their power to hold those who harmed you accountable and help you to secure financial compensation to help with the healing process.
- Work-Related Accidents – Unfortunately, many hardworking individuals suffer serious – and even life-threatening – injuries every day at work. When your employer turns their back on you, trust in Ramos James Law, PLLC, to help you right these wrongs. Our attorneys have experience helping individuals who have suffered injuries on a construction site or as the result of a slip-and-fall accident.
- Product Liability – You trust companies to provide safe products, but, sadly, they often put profits over people. When you have suffered a personal injury as the result of a defective product, turn to Ramos James Law, PLLC, to help you correct the situation. We know exactly what it takes to hold parties accountable for the defective products they have sold to you.
- Wrongful Death – The unexpected loss of life is an experience that no family should ever have to deal with. If your loved one is the victim of a wrongful death, do not wait to contact Ramos James Law, PLLC. We take these cases extremely seriously and will not rest until we have delivered justice to you.
Ramos James Law, PLLC Serves Mission and Its Surrounding Areas
Residents of Mission, Texas and its surrounding community deserve a law firm that is truly invested in their well-being and recovery. Here at Ramos James Law, PLLC, it is our goal to make people feel like they are truly being cared for and treated with the utmost dignity.
You and your loved ones are more than just another client at Ramos James Law, PLLC. Your situation deserves personal attention, and we will make sure to deliver an experience that will put you at peace.
Contact our Mission personal injury attorneys at (956) 313-7771 or fill out our contact form for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
Visit our Rio Grande Valley Offices
7001 N. 10th Street, Ste. G2
McAllen, Texas 78504
506 West University Dr.
Edinburg, Texas 78539