Posted on Monday, February 28th, 2022 at 12:00 am
A two-vehicle car crash occurred right before 7 a.m. near South U.S. Highway 183.
Details About the Accident
Two vehicles collided going southbound on U.S. Highway 183.
The collision forced one car into a nearby ditch. One of the drivers was knocked unconscious and required being rescued from their vehicle.
Both drivers were hospitalized, with one suffering minor injuries while the other sustained severe injuries.
Surprising Statistics About Texas Motor Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there has been a rise in motor vehicle accidents since 2019. There was a 7.5% increase in total accidents in 2020, consequently leading to more fatalities, which increased by almost 19% that year.
- 12,107 serious injury motor vehicle accidents occurred with 14,656 people obtaining a severe injury.
- One person perished every 2 hours and 15 minutes due to a crash.
- Every 2 minutes and 34 seconds, a person was injured in an auto accident.
- There was an automobile accident reported every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
- 205,498 people sustained an injury due to automobile traffic crashes.
- 538 people died in head-on accidents.
- There wasn’t a single day in 2020 that a crash-related death didn’t occur.
Austin Car Accident Attorneys Here To Guide and Support Victims of Automobile Accidents
For over a decade, the car accident lawyers at Ramos James Law, PLLC, have been helping victims recover from the trauma and stress of an accident. Our legal team will assist and guide you in making a claim so you can recover and get the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, contact your Austin car accident attorney today.