We rely on commercial vehicles like 18-wheelers to safely haul goods from destination to destination. But one wrong move when driving alongside these giants can prove to be fatal.
Because of their sheer weight and size, commercial vehicles can cause a lot of property damage and bodily harm – or even death. When you live in Texas, driving beside these semi-trucks is very common.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, between 2014 through 2016:
- There were 4,079 crashes involving a large truck or bus.
- Approximately 4,564 lives were lost.
- Large trucks and buses contribute to 12 percent of all traffic fatalities.
- Of all fatal crashes that occurred in a work zone, 27 percent involved a large truck.
At Ramos James Law, PLLC, we genuinely care for the well-being of those traveling to work, school, or elsewhere. If you or someone you love have fallen victim to an accident involving a large truck, you deserve to have a competent and qualified truck accident attorney on your side.
Contact our Austin truck accident lawyer today at (512) 537-3369 for your free legal consultation.
Injuries Sustained in a Large Truck Accidents
The sheer weight and size of a commercial vehicle can do a lot of damage to both your property and your body. In fact, it is estimated that large truck accidents are 10 times more likely to cause a fatality than a crash involving two passenger vehicles.
Oftentimes, a large vehicle crash will leave the victim with horrible injuries such as:
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Rib and Torso Injuries
- Injuries Cause By The Seat Belt
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
When a commercial vehicle driver is acting negligently by speeding, ignoring maintenance checks and procedures before setting out on the road, distracted driving, driving while intoxicated, drowsy driving, or in any other unsafe way, a tragedy is just one wrong move away.
How Ramos James Law Can Help You
Ramos James Law, PLLC, has nearly 10 years of quality experience fighting for clients who have suffered grievous injuries in terrible large truck accidents. With Ramos James Law, you are in good hands.
For victims of a large truck accident, you may be able to seek compensation for but not limited to:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Loss of Consortium
- Funeral expenses in cases of wrongful death
Why You Need an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Many victims of truck accidents hire regular car accident lawyers believing that this will work just fine. But the truth is that only certain lawyers are qualified to handle a large truck accident. Because there are some major differences between commercial trucks and traditional automobiles, it is important that the lawyer you hire has the ability to make the most out of your specific case.
Some of the major difference that can have a major effect on the compensation you obtain include:
- Size Difference. Because fully loaded semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, truck accidents tend to cause far more severe injuries. You will need a lawyer who will be able to effectively advocate for you and your varied injuries.
- Liability Differences. In truck accident claims, there may be more than one liable party. Determining liability between the driver, the company employing them, and the manufacturer of the truck can be complicated. A lawyer familiar with semi-truck related laws can ensure that the right parties are held responsible.
- Legal Challenges. Truck companies can afford to hire multiple lawyers. Without a knowledgeable and experienced accident lawyer on your side, you run the risk of having your claim denied.
Laura Ramos James, A Lawyer Who Can Truly Understand You
Suffering her own personal injury incident, Laura Ramos James knows first hand what it feels to endure both physical and emotional pain. She knows how it feels to be without any option to fight back. Because of this, she vowed to become a lawyer so that no one else had to feel the way that she did.
Today, Laura offers a helping hand to those that have fallen victim to large truck accidents. Get your life back. Contact Laura today at (512) 537-3369 for your free legal consultation.