COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
A report written by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), which focuses on data obtained between 2014 and 2016, concludes that Texas ranks in the top 10 states with the highest number of accidents fatalities of trucks and buses in the nation. The report also shows that:
- In 2016, more than 4,500 lives were lost in about 4,000 crashes involving trucks or buses.
- Trucks and buses encompass the 12% national road deaths.
- Approximately 51 percent of fatal vehicle accidents involving at least one truck or bus occurred within the 10 previously mentioned states.
At Ramos James Law, PLLC,our mission is to provide significant legal services to victims of commercial vehicle accidents. You deserve to have a competent and qualified commercial vehicle accident lawyer by your side. Do not hesitate to contact our Austin lawyer today at (512) 537-3369 to receive your free legal consultation.
What Causes Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
When commercial vehicle crashes occur, several common causes can be found:
The Truck Company – Truck companies, which act negligently and fail to implement rules of conduct with their drivers, are a major reason why this type of accident happens. This class of trucking companies frequently:
- They encourage (and require) their drivers to work more hours than they should.
- They do not handle background checks for their drivers and ignore past legal offenses.
- They ignore the criminal records of new drivers.
- They ignore problems of substance abuse or alcohol when hiring new drivers.
- They do not inspect, maintain, or equip commercial vehicles with appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
The Truck Manufacturer – Accidents can also happen if the commercial vehicle has defects. The parts that tend to fail causing accidents of commercial vehicles are:
It is essential that these auto parts are in perfect condition to function properly and maintain the safety of the driver and other drivers on the road. Auto parts manufacturers can also be held responsible for your accident.
The Trucker – It is said that the driver of the truck acted negligently when :
- Do not make an inspection of your commercial vehicle before hitting the road.
- MThey drive over the speed limit on bad roads or during bad weather.
- They carry out illegal driving maneuvers.
- They do not slow down.
- They leave their cargo poorly secured.
- They drive with sleep.
- Drive distracted (using the cell phone, changing the radio, etc).
- They drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication.
When any of the three above possibilities happen, you and your family could be suffering serious injuries or, sadly, even a death.
Injuries Commonly Suffered in a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Since commercial vehicles are larger and heavier than normal vehicles, as are more difficult to stop, these accidents can lead to serious injuries, including:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Injury to the neck and back
- Injuries to the torso and the ribs
- Spinal injuries
- Cranial and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Amputation of limbs and limbs
- Unjust death
Due to the fact that these injuries can cost a family much more than money, it is important to recruit a commercial vehicle accident lawyer, such as Laura Ramos James, to represent you.
In the same way, we know that an accident of this magnitude can mean a big economic problem. Feel safe with us knowing that you will not pay anything unless we win the case. Let us be your hope in these difficult times.
Let Ramos James Law take care of your case. For almost ten years, attorney Laura Ramos James has helped the people of Austin and the surrounding areas fight – and win – against trucking companies. Do not suffer in silence.
Contact us at (512) 537-3369 to make your appointment and get your free legal consultation.